A trip to Hong Kong - Day 4 - Ladies Market


A trip to Hong Kong - Day 4 - Ladies Market Part 1 magnify
Day 4 - Saturday - 20th/May/2006

It was midnight.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dearest beautiful friend - Dk. Norleena. Sorry couldn't be there on your special day.. Will make it up to you when I get back ne~? :-*

I went to breakfast, same as yesterday at around 9a.m. After breakfast, my mom went to the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition centre again to monitor the Malaysia Tourism booth and later we had lunch at Malaysia’s very own restaurant at 98, Jaffe Street. It’s called Sabah Cuisine! I was so proud and finally, I get to enjoy chicken in Hong Kong!

We had Roti Canai, Fish Head Curry, Chicken Curry, Mee Goreng Mamak, Sambal Udang and not forgetting our very own Teh Tarik. Just imagine that they have to pay HK100, 000 every month for the rental fee!!.. That is equal to Rm50k a month!!! And even the Roti Canai man (Mamak) who makes the Teh tarik is paid HK10, 000 a month which means more or less equals to RM5K a month!! Imagine that!! RM5000 only for making The Teh Tarik, Roti Canai and some of our simple Indian cuisine!!! Kejer Hong Kong lah camni!!! Hahahah! As for dessert, we had Pisang Goreng that was made in a special way.. which was superb of course. I’m going to try to make the same pisang goreng for early breakfast.. Hmm… but it’s better to eat it while it’s still hot.

After we had lunch, I managed to get online for about ½ an hour. Datuk Irene was kind enough to give me an online pre-paid card. After doing few surveys, my mom and I walked to Wan Chan station again to go shopping at MongKok (Ladies Market). I bought few souvenirs for friends and family. Early reminder... if you don’t like it.. Don’t bother to take it!! Others will be more grateful to receive it.

Other than that, I also shopped for Trendy Bag : HK185 from HK250, Earrings for myself and my siblings and Handbag for Mr. Oc’s mom. What I love about the art of bargaining is the the art of ‘Walking Away’.. =P Usually the bargain will go like this:

Seller : Hallo Miss! Beautiful Bag! U like this one? Good price for you beautiful miss
Me : How much is this?
Seller : HK270 miss… can give you good price miss
Me : Hmm…. I dunno~~
Seller : Hallo miss.. how much u want miss… tell me how much u want?
Me : (I want it free….) Aaa…. I dunno.. Hk270… expensive liao… I want it HK150
Seller : Oh no no.. miss… too cheap… HK230
Me : No… 150
Seller : Okay.. okay.. final HK190
Me : HK160
Seller : No wooo Miss… HK190
Me : It’s Ok laa.. I don’t want it (I started to walk away with a disappointed look)
Seller : Haiyaaa… Ok laa~ Ok laa… HK160 for beautiful lady..

Muahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!~~ It worked the same for every single shop!!! Of course don’t bargain too low… Sangat Kejam okayyy~

A trip to Hong Kong - Day 4 - Ladies Market Part 2 magnify

On our way back, we stopped at Hollywood AV Centre. I bought Ipod Nano~~~~~~~~~ OoooohHohohHOhOhOhoHOhOoooooo~~~!!!! In Malaysia, 4GB Ipod Nano will cost RM1190. But I managed to get it in Hong Kong for RM820. How cool is that!! Ohohohoho~~~~~~~!!! As for my mom, she bought a simple Akira Traveller Digi Camera, 5 MP, charger, casing, 512 mb SD card and other accessories included for only RM580 in Malaysia!! Ngahahahahah!

There we met two cute Sales person namely Jimmy and Dickson. Hmm… they asked me to take pictures with them… Hmmp! Sempat lagi minta my e-mail.. I asked for discounts, and we managed to get a good deal out of them. Jimmy said, “only for you, pretty girl =P” Hohohohohoho~~~~ Hmmp! Nasib kau cute! I will come back to Hong Kong again!!! And next time, will bring MORE MONEY! Ureshi~

* attached picture was sent by Dickson via email. Thanks Dickson!


Comments

0 Responses to "A trip to Hong Kong - Day 4 - Ladies Market"

Advertlets

Site you should check out

Blog Advertising - Advertise on blogs with SponsoredReviews.com
Home made take-out Catering

In Loving Memory of Trisha

Recent Comments

Lifestyle Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Join My Community at MyBloglog!


Site Meter

Wedding Countdown