A trip to Hong Kong - Day 2


A trip to Hong Kong - Day 2 magnify
Day Two - Thursday - 18th/May/2006

I woke up at 7.30am to get ready. I didn’t go for breakfast. I followed my mom and the STB team to the Central Building and then later parted at 8.30a.m. I went on my own to ‘The Landmark’ via the inside building connecter and helped myself for a window shopping. Firstly, I went to the Video store while waiting for The Landmark to opened it stores and bought myself two DVD’s. Can’t helped it coz it’s on sale. Ahaks! :P At 9.30am, I continued my ‘quest’ at The Landmark.

It’s more or less like Starhill Gallery in KL, but more branded shopping outlets. I couldn’t stand seeing Gucci bags, Iuni Shoes, Dior spectacles and so much more. There are loads of branded outlets that are not available in Malaysia. I went to Starbucks for my breakfast, and continue window shopping and irritating all the sales people for not making any purchases =P. I’ve tried loads of make up samples, tried on few handbags and shoes. It felt wonderful! Hohoho~

I received my mom’s SMS informing me to wait at the MAS office (that’s where they have their meeting) just in case I got bored of window shopping (No way~).. I waited a while for them but felt even bored just to stand there doing nothing. Therefore, I continued my window shopping and waited for an SMS saying that the meeting has really over.

I went to MTM. It’s a custom-blended skin care treatment centre where they analyses your skin and then make a custom blend skin product just for you. I noticed that they have won the best Eye treatment Skin Care awards. So I decided to go in and have a look. The beauty consultant analysed my skin around the eye area. Euuu! It’s so dry with loads of dead skin cells compared to my chin and neck area.

The result was, neck area: well moisturized. Chin area: So-so. Nose: So-so.. have to remove few blackheads at the most difficult area. Eye Area: Witch eye!! Euuu!! I’m not even 25 yet! I was eager to try their ‘Diamond Peeling Treatment’ for the eye area, coz I felt awful seeing my eye analysis result. It coasted HK750 which means RM325. Ermm.. okay~ might as well use my credit card. But due to time constraint, I have to cancel. (Sigh~)

Instead, I bought their custom eye cream treatment and the eye masks for 1 month supplies, and another 2 different types of eye creams. Yes... It was expensive coz it’s just for the eye area and I won’t tell you about the price. But I can say that it’s worth it. I’m not trying to comfort myself after spending ‘something-something’ bucks by saying this... but the best thing about their eye masks is that it is 100% collagen compared to SKII or any other branded products which cost less (a bit less only) but 40%-50% collagen and the rest of it is cotton. I was given 3 boxes of eye mask with different custom blended eye serum/essence.

Now I’m wearing the first eye mask from the first box. It feels so cool! Very moisturize indeed compared to SKII eye treatment essence that I bought last time. (No result... hate it... but I still love SKII essence..=P) Well.. I’m not going to brag about this one either, coz I haven’t seen the result yet. I will update after I finished using the product, probably, somewhere next month.

I was also given free trial set for face treatment. Of course, the usual; cleanser, toner, moisturizer, eye soothing cream and anti-oxidant mask. It’s free anyway. Better use it then not getting any of it at all. While the consultant taught me on how to use the products, I received one shocking SMS from my mom. It seemed that they had finished their meeting like for ½ an hour ago and was looking for me. Bloody Hotlink, they couldn’t get through while calling my handphone. They thought I have lost around HK city or kidnapped and what not! I felt terrible and at the same time confused why the heck didn’t my mom just SMS me informing about the meeting had finished, instead of searching for me and trying to get through my stupid Hotlink prepaid handphone for ½ an hour! I made everybody worried including Mr. OC and my baby sister at home (My mom called them, asking to try calling me and see if they can get through).

I ran to the MAS office, and was informed that they’ve already left the office. One of the officer said that my mom and the rest of the team was looking for me and was worried (yeah.. yeah.. I get it already.. It’s not entirely my fault! Tsk! I’ve been waiting for them to finish the meeting almost 5 hours). They called up Ms. Tay, one of the STB team. Then, I met them at the lobby. I saw that my mom was furious/upset/worried/everything at the same time. She was just glad that I was OK.

I apologized to the whole team (but still felt that it was not entirely my fault!!!!!!!!!!) Arghhh!!! See??? I’ve waited for them after the First SMS, but it was damn long, and I hanged out at MTM, just beside the lobby!) Datuk Irene asked why I didn’t just tell the MAS officer that I was going to MTM… How the heck was I suppose to know that I’m going to MTM!! Some of you might think why didn’t I SMS. I tried to find ‘CSL centre’ – whatever that means... to top up my credit. I tried! But none! Fine! Whatever! Aper2 la… Shannarooo~~!!! I should’ve just stayed at the hotel and not following them to the meeting. I planned to do so coz I don’t want to trouble anybody as I’m not apart of this whole business tour thingy. Since they insisted, and I, on the other hand, not wanting to be such a fussy person, just followed their plans thinking that while waiting, I can do window shopping.

Never mind... What’s done is done. After the Hoo Hah incident, we went to the Japanese restaurant inside the Central building. It was OK. I like the Abalon and the sauce. Yummy! Mr. Pang, the Hong Kong MAS General Manager treated us all for lunch and we had a good chat. They were talking about their ERA and our ERA these days. Glad that they finally understand that however it is, you can’t always compare their ERA and our ERA today. It’s just totally different.

Yeah... Last time you don’t have to have a car to go to school like these days. But just imagine. During their ERA, you can still count how many cars on the street and it’s still safe. But now, try ask us to walk to school/work by walking or cycling, and see who’s dead first at the Federal Highway or get kidnapped =P. We know... And I know that our parents’ life was not as luxurious as how we are today. They know the importance of money and knowing that their parents have to work like shit to get only few bucks. But now it’s different.

Even though these days, we get to enjoy Starbucks, fast-food and yada2, doesn’t mean we don’t appreciate what our parents do to bring in the money to support the whole family. I am not that spoiled!

We headed back to Novotel Hotel at around 4PM. My mom was tired, and slept till midnight. Yes, that means we didn’t go anywhere for tonight. Plus, I have difficulty of breathing, due to my asthma. I think this is the worst. I was gasping for air, as if I was drowning. It was pretty scary if I remembered. I guess Dr. Kheng’s clinic in Damai was not really good when it comes to asthma problem. I still prefer Dr. Ganesh in Karamunsing. He has been treating me since I was 4 years old when I first got my asthma attack. After taking my medicine, I went to bed at midnight.

Comments

0 Responses to "A trip to Hong Kong - Day 2"

Advertlets

Site you should check out

Blog Advertising - Advertise on blogs with SponsoredReviews.com
Home made take-out Catering

In Loving Memory of Trisha

Recent Comments

Lifestyle Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Join My Community at MyBloglog!


Site Meter

Wedding Countdown