It's a wet-wet day!

I had a very pleasant dinner at Rum’s place last night. It was a small gathering organized by Rum just to gather a small group of friends for a simple dinner and movie. While waiting for Mummy Rummy to finish cooking his home-made lamb chop, my siblings and I, Mars, Julian and KC were busy outside, exchanging ghost stories and spooky experiences while helping Rummy to finish the cooked French Malaysian Fries. Lol.



*Cici & I - TV-Picnic*


*My baby sis - Nadia*


*Julie'anne' - Hubby of Mama Jaguar*


*The satisfied KC - Julie's bro-*

Aisehh man... why is Rum and Mars not in the pictures?!!!! Haaaa! Saya tahu! Coz rummy was bz snapping photos to make fun of me in the CSP forum for the GL thread while Mars on the other hand will punch anybody who wants to take her picture. HuaHuaHua... Marsiiiiiieeeee... You cannot hide~~~~ (Unicorn sound). Hohohohohoho!

Gagagagagaga! Ok-ok.. back to the story... We had a tv-picnic in the living room upstairs whilst watching a damn funny Singaporean movie called ‘Just Follow Law’. I definitely must say that this is really a must watch movie. It is like the Singaporean version of Freaky Friday movie (*souls exchanged bodies - played by Gurmit Singh and Fann Wong) which also demonstrates the government system in Singapore where inflexible laws and the behaviour of people around there are similar to a stick-to-the-rulebook robot.. e.g. Everything must have black & white + countless abbreviation of words/points/rules and not forgetting the endless 101 office politics (*Office politic? Oh nonono… not only in Singapore okay… seriously*). This film is very funny. I think those who are Singaporeans or those who had been living in Singapore will understand it more.


*Just Follow Law*


*Left to Right: Tanya Chew (Fann Wong) and Lim Teng Zui (Gurmit Singh)*


*Souls exchanged bodies*

As I watched this movie, I finally recall who the actress who played Fann Wong’s mother. She was the lady who has her own blog called ‘Lao Zha Bor’ (http://laozhabor.blogspot.com) which accidentally discovered by Foxy last year. Lol! She is unquestionably a funky old mummy. I also found out that the director, Jack Neo has his own blog at http://jackneojackneo.blogspot.com/.

There are so many quotes in this film that you might find it interesting.. some of them are:

Just Follow Law – Quote:

Quote #1
Exorcist:

Of course I am professional! Professional means work hard, no guarantee!
(**Just like doctors and lawyers)

Quote #2
Tanya Chew / Lim Teng Zui :

Eh, with this standard, (Tanya Chew’s body) $200 still can get long queue and all the way to JB and some say batam !
Lim Teng Zui / Tanya Chew:
If you do that, I will kill you, chop you, cook you, eat you, and then shit you like the shit you are.

Quote #3
Lim Teng Zui / Tanya Chew:

Wait. You didn't wear your bra?! Bra?!

Tanya Chew / Lim Teng Zui :
Ni shuo ni yao wo de yao da? You chuan you shen me fen bie!
(Your so flat-chested, bra or no bras also no difference.)

Quote #4
Lim Teng Zui / Tanya Chew:
Oh no… you didn’t shave today!!!!
(*whilst looking at Tanya Chew's armpit)

Quote #5
Head Security Guard:
What??!!! You say summore!!!

Security guard:
Summore….
Head Security Guard:
(???) Summore?!!!

Security guard:
Summore….
Head Security Guard:
Summore?!!!

Security guard:
Summore….
Head Security Guard:
That’s it.. cut one month bonus

Security guard:
(???????) Aiyoyo….

Quote #6
Lim Teng Zui / Tanya Chew:

Quick!! He needs CPR!!!
Bamboo:
Dia 'Halal' Kah?
Everyone:
.................

Lol! To better understand how funny this movie can be, I suggest for you to start watching it ne? ^^

Aaaaaanyway, today… I had a try out audition for a part time job as shopping mall’s DJ at Citymall. Since the guy didn’t give me much info on what to do, I woke up early to prepare my songs and write some scripts (just in case).

The audition started at 2pm for ½ and hour. Even though it was only 30 minutes,…gulp!!! But it was SCARRRRYYYYYYY!!!! Garghhhhh!!! All the panic, pressure and too much info at a time made me feel like wanting to jump off from the DJing area at the first floor down to the ground floor. Nonetheless, all went well in the end. I know I sucked but I am very happy to be given the opportunity to try it out. Thanks mochachino for being there for me (*although you kena halau and eat alone at KFC while waiting*).

After the DJ try out, I went to Sports Complex with Julian for the Lion, Dragon and Unicorn dance festival 2008. The introduction was kinda long. Not only I had to wait for 1 hour for the introduction from 57 dance contestants.. I also have to bear myself listening to the sickening and boring 3 long speeches by the VIPs! If I were given a chance to perform during the speech, I’d sing, “Aiyayayaya~ You’re talking way to much~ ChiapChiapChiapChiapChiap”. Aihs~~~Bosan ooo! The real entertainment only starts when the specially invited performers from China presented their music arts and culture, i.e. Musical drum beating and the martial arts performance. Huhuhuhu~ Kakui desu! Kanak-kanak…. If you want to become expert like them, silalah kunjungi CPS arcade and sharpen up your drum beating skills.

The Lion dance was awesome… and they are SOOOOOO cuuuteeee and handsome! I was informed once that in the Chinese tradition… the lion is actually a guardian creature because they believe that the fellow super-duper cute lions have their own spirit. However, these lions is “lifeless” until it is given a ‘spirit’ through the Eye-Dotting ceremony.. which usually done by the VIP (*Duh~.. VIP jer? Aku????). So I went on to google up the detail explanations of the ceremony and find out that there are actually 8 sequences for the Eye-dotting ceremony.. and they are:

#(1) Forehead: life and soul of kindness
#(2) Eyes: strong vision & view
#(3) Nose: ability to distinguish the good and evil
#(4) Mouth & Teeth: force & ambition
#(5) Ears: hearing & intelligence
#(6) Horn: courage & power
#(7) Foot: power to call prosperity
#(8) Spine (from neck to tail): good luck till the end.. and forever~ and ever… you stay in my heart and I love you~~~ (*perhatian… yang last2 tu gue tokok tambah yer~)

Oh! The martial art performance really reminded me of Fong Sai Yuk series that I loved to watch when I was in High School – wooden sticks and the famous bald heads. Gagagagaga! Not the old Jet Li - Fong Sai Yuk movie… but the tv series played by the cute Dicky Cheung. OH~ Gua mau tengok balik Journey to the West! “Wo ai ni~! Wo ai ni~! Wo ai ni~!”. (*hanya diriku yang faham*). During the martial art presentation, you can see all the famous chinese martial art moves. Alaaaa… you know…~~ the ala2 crouching tiger – hidden dragon moves, the grasshopper moves, the dragon moves, the tentacle moves…. Eh… ini sudah silap.. Tsk Tsk Tsk!

Anyhow, I had to make my move at about 7PM coz Julie’anne’ has another cultural event to cover at Padang Merdeka… the same event that my mama and papa have to go tonight. It was frantically raining outside as we got out. Aww man!!! Piper (my baby kancil) is parked damn far due to unavailable parking space in the afternoon. So Julie and I had to run like crazy people. Konon2 cover kepala using one hand.. last2… Mamaaaaaaak~ no point. Satu badan basah! Lol! It reminded me of 'Sepet' movie when Orked and Jason was waiting at the bus stop with plastic bag on their head. ^^ Hihihi. As we reached Citymall back for Julian to get his first wife – Mama Jaguar, my car key suddenly gone haywire (*termasuk air hujan okay~~~*)… and Piper started to make the ‘nenonenoneno’ sound. ><” So to cut long story short, I managed to get home safely and changed the battery into my dead spare key. Conclusion: Problem solved.

As my parents are out tonight… Nyahahaha… My siblings and I have our very own ‘home alone’ project. Hohohoho. We ‘tapau’ed KFC near our house, have a TV-picnic moment and also a karaoke session with Pinkkkkyyyyyy! Pinky sang Britney Spears song, while his mama keseronokkan singing Siti Nurhaliza’s old traditional songs. Nadia and I became the cheerleaders with Chicken drumstick in our hands. How about Haru you say? He’s currently sleeping in the car… still redden.

Haru: Haihs~ Mendoku Sei na~~~~

PS: Will update the photos asap ^^

Comments

0 Responses to "It's a wet-wet day!"

Advertlets

Site you should check out

Blog Advertising - Advertise on blogs with SponsoredReviews.com
Home made take-out Catering

In Loving Memory of Trisha

Recent Comments

Lifestyle Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Join My Community at MyBloglog!


Site Meter

Wedding Countdown