Escape to Bali - part 3

Ok… this will be my last post for my Escape to Bali trip coz I have soooo many other things to talk about later….i.e. I want to talk about the cat show la… my new ‘anak’ la… and yada yada yada…

Anyhow, like I mentioned, during my trip to Bali, our tour guide, Pak Rizal brought us to Chandra Budaya Stage to watch the Sahadewa – Barong and Kris Dance.







The Barong Play *click here if you want to know the story* represents an eternal fight between the good and evil spirits.



A Barong (a mythological animal) represents good spirit...


*the good guy*


...and Rangda (a mythological monster) on the other hand represent the eeeeeevil one...


*the baaaaaad guy*

To cut long story short, this play is mainly based on the epic legend of Ramayana which plays a very big role to the religion of the Balinese people.

Again, *click* here for the details of the play.








Below is the famous traditional Bali dance where you can see the dancer's eyes move up and down, left and right.

At times, I just couldn't stop being amazed or couldn't stop laughing XD







More photos from the play...
















*this video is a bit out of focus coz the camera cari pasal.. grrrr >=(*


The play was funny nonetheless especially the last part where the boar appeared, fought and died with its tail stuck in between its leg XD








During the play, visitors were also entertained with a music overtone by the Gamelan Orchestra.


Oh! On the day itself coincidently, was the Bali ‘Hari Raya Galungan and Kuningan’, which is a 10 day celebration of fundamental importance on the Bali Hindu calendar and also the most interesting time for any tourists and visitors to visit.









What I truly like about this festivity is that there were a lot of ‘Penjor’ (a bamboo altar-poles) decorated along the streets which looks like... a giant dangling ketupat.






During this event, the villagers will walk in groups to the temple, pray and provide colourful offerings.


Remember 'Si putih’, the white puppy in Escape to Bali 2?

Yeah... he got scared when he saw the villagers parading in groups with *ting*tong*ting*tong* sound and a Barong beside them.





I don’t blame you dear... Even tho that Barong is a hero, but it still looks scary to me ><”
still somehow prefer our Chinese New Year Singa-Singa. LOL! XD


Whatever it is, I had fun in Bali. I learned a lot and most importantly, I shopped like orang gila a lot. XD

Next up, Jakarta, Bandung and Manila!!! XD
Wheeeeeeeee~~~~~ XD


Comments

0 Responses to "Escape to Bali - part 3"

Advertlets

Site you should check out

Blog Advertising - Advertise on blogs with SponsoredReviews.com
Home made take-out Catering

In Loving Memory of Trisha

Recent Comments

Lifestyle Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Join My Community at MyBloglog!


Site Meter

Wedding Countdown